Terms and Conditions of Use
The term "Center for Health and Fitness Continuing Education" or "us" or "we" refer to the owner of the web site. The term "you" refers to the user or viewer of our web site.
- The content of the pages of this web site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Your use of any information or materials on this web site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this web site meet your specific requirements.
- This web site contains material, which is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this web site, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the web site.
- Unauthorized use of this web site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this web site and any dispute arising out of such use of the web site is subject to the laws of the state of South Dakota.
Web Site Disclaimer
The information presented in the Center for Health and Fitness Continuing Education’s web site, www.center4healthandfitness.com, is provided for educational purposes only and is based upon information from various published as well as unpublished sources that merely represent general training, exercise, and health literature and practices as summarized by the authors and editors. Care has been taken to confirm the accuracy of the information presented and to describe generally accepted practice. However, the author and publisher are not responsible for errors or omissions or for any consequences from application of the information in the educational material. The publishers have made every effort to trace the copyright holders for borrowed material. If they have inadvertently overlooked any, they will be pleased to make necessary arrangements at the first opportunity.
The information presented at www.center4healthandfitness.com is not intended to replace the advice or attention of medical or healthcare professionals. Please seek advice and clearance from a qualified medical or healthcare professional to meet your needs.
Through this web site you are able to link to other web sites, which are not under the control of the Center for Health and Fitness Continuing Education. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
All content included in this website, such as text, graphics, logos, images, icons and software are the property of the Center for Health and Fitness Continuing Education. Any reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission or republication of the content on this website is strictly prohibited.
Basic Internet Usage Skills at Our Website
A few pointers to keep in mind …
1) DO NOT double-click on any link on our website, or any other website to which you visit.
2) Be sure and READ all instructions laid on the screen for you before proceeding to the next step.
3) DO NOT use your browsers navigation buttons/arrows while using our website, or any other website. Use the navigation links provided to you on our website for navigation.
4) DO NOT have multiple tabs open on your internet browser while trying to use our website. This improper usage of your browser does not promote error-free usage of our website, nor any other website.
5) If you’re looking for an email message from our site, please check your spam/junk folders. The email addresses from which all correspondence from this website will be sent is firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You need to make sure these email addresses are declared as a “friendly” and check all of your email client folders to find our messages.
Any order that you make at our site, an email message is sent for confirmation. However, if for some reason you do not receive the email message, and you’ve checked your spam/junk folder, then you can always print a receipt for your order by logging into your Member Area.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, SSL and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
The Center for Health and Fitness Continuing Education is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this web site, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. You may request details of personal information, which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. The Center for Health and Fitness Continuing Education contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the information collection processes on these sites and cannot control how the information is used.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible and we will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
What We Collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and certifications you currently hold
- Contact information including phone, email address, and payment information
- Demographic information such as physical address and postal code
- Other information relevant to our courses, such as a course evaluation
What We Do with the Information We Gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- When you purchase a course, we will contact you by email to confirm your order and to update you on the status of your order, including Rent-a-Book return information and course evaluations.
- We may use your comments and/or feedback to improve our products and services and for promotional purposes.
- We may periodically send promotional email or mail about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email and/or physical address which you have provided.
Cookies Use at Our Site
Cookies are files, often including unique identifiers, that are sent by web servers to web browsers, and which may then be sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website. This protocol is an industry standard for member-type websites.
Cookies may be either "Persistent" Cookies or "Session" Cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, and/or when the web browser is closed.
We use Session Cookies on our website to keep track of member information, and we sometimes may use the occasional Persistent Cookie.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. The cookies used on our website include those which are strictly necessary cookies for access and navigation and cookies that track your usage of our website.
1) to recognize your computer when you visit our website;
2) to provide tailored navigation for you;
3) to improve the website's usability;
4) in the administration of the website; and
5) to personalize the website for you.
We DO NOT use 3rd party cookies nor allow such at our website. All cookie usage at our site is for our use only.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. However, blocking all cookies will, have a negative impact upon the usability of many of the more complex websites to which you may register/login or just plainly surf. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on our website (login, exam testing, purchases, etc). We highly recommend that you DO NOT BLOCK cookies at our site or else you will experience problems. We will not be able to provide you with any support if you refuse to use the tools necessary to properly navigate and use the internet, including our website.
Session Time Out
When you register at a website and login, a Session Cookie is created for your use while attending to the functions available to you at our website. Though there is no time limit for your use of our website, you cannot, for example, login to our website, and get up and walk away for a few hours, then return and expect error-free use of our site. When your Session Cookie has timed out, we no longer know who you are and thus nothing you do on our site can be recorded, including testing.
If you plan to get up and walk away from the computer for an extended period of time, close your internet browser completely to end your session at our site. Then, when you are ready to resume your visit to our website, just re-open your browser and login again to our site to ensure error-free usage.
Equipment to Access and Use our Website
Just like the law requires you to drive a car on the highways that meets minimum requirements, the same applies to surfing the web. In order to use our website, as well as others, you need to have equipment that allows you to operate using standard web browsers. The browsers that this site is built and conformed to are, the latest versions of, Microsoft IE, Firefox/Mozilla and Chrome for desktop computers. Mobile devices that use Android and Apple systems work well with our site as well. We DO NOT conform to non-standard browsers used on poor, old or outdated equipment. You must use acceptable equipment to properly surf and use the web and websites.