Web Browser and TLS Security Updates
Security changes require you to update your web browser(s) to view our website, as well as any other secured website.
Our website has been upgraded to use the latest TLS 1.2 security. Website visitors using out-of-date browsers and security will need to upgrade the web browser to continue to access this website. If your Internet browser is out-of-date, upgrade it now to the most current version available.
What is TLS?
The Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol encrypts and authenticates the data that's passed between communicating applications and their end users. For example, when you enter your login credentials on a website, TLS prevents a third-party from stealing the information exchanged during the login process.
How do I update my Internet browser?
While we're unable to provide technical support to configure your computer systems, here's a helpful website where you can easily upgrade the most commonly used browsers to the latest version.
- Click on the link above, then choose the browser you wish to update. From there you'll see a Download button or link.
- Click to start the download and agree to allow any prompts during the installation.
Tip: Most browsers are free to download. If you're concerned that updating your current browser may create compatibility issues with other sites you use, you could install a second browser to use with our website.
Which Internet browser do I have?
Most browsers have an About link in their Help menus. Select the link to display the name of the browser and the version you're using. The most common Internet browsers include:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Android (mobile)
I already have an upgraded Internet browser. What should I do?
If after our security change is complete you have an issue:
- Verify that TLS 1.2 is enabled in the security settings section of your Internet browser.
- Contact your Internet Service Provider's (ISP) customer support to learn about upgrading your browser and to verify the security settings that are in place.
Thank you for addressing this important update that will enable you to surf and use the internet properly and efficiently.